Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you, over again...

Bah! I haven't updated in so long, I feel slightly guilty. But then, I remember what I've been doing with my time this past two weeks, and the guilt subsides. Wanna see? Too bad! You're gonna have to;

1. I contract a terrible illness. This ain't your run-of-the-mill cold. Oh no, this is I'm-bedridden-and-moaning, I-can't-talk-or-sing-or-move-or-be-excited-about-anything sickness. It was terrible, and lasted a whole entire week. But I spent my sick time well, doing the next thing.


2. I reread The Lightning Thief. I am actually in the middle (beginning) of Lord of the Rings, but that just took too many brain-cells for me to read when I could barely think. Instead, I read Percy Jackson. Time well spent? Heck yes, it was. Especially after Lost Hero. That book was heavy, at least for Rick Riordan. I definitely missed Perseus a LOT in that book. I missed his general silliness and cuteness. I love Percy, and reading about 12-year old Perce was fantastic. :)


3. I meet Ben. Yes, THAT Ben. ;) We all went up to Ohio to meet their family, and it went great. They were all so nice, and I already felt related to them. The girls were both really sweet, and Ben himself was the friendliest person I've ever met. He was kind of awesome, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Manisha's man. In short, I approve. Although Manisha kissing was... weird. Not bad, just weird. O_o




4. I see Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Best Narnia movie yet? No, I don't think so. It dragged a little in the middle, but then again, the book was that way, too. I can't really blame them for that. OH MY GOSH EUSTACE WAS SOOOOOO ANNOYING. He was terrible, which was kind of awesome. Reepicheep completely stole the show, as usual. And was anyone else devestated that they didn't show Caspian's marriage to the star lady? How hard would a little flashback have been, I mean come on! That was one of the things I was really looking foreward to. But overall, it was pretty good. Edmund was really cute, so that was good. :)


5. Manisha visits! This really should be first, shouldn't it? Oh well, I don't feel like reordering it all. Anyways, this one is basically the reason I haven't been on the computer in 20 somethin' days. It's just not as interesting as sitting in the living room while Manisha plays ridiculous songs on the piano. I'll definitely miss that sound when she leaves. But the one thing I won't miss is the mess; Manisha is the messiest person ever. You don't have any idea how hard it is to share a room with her. :)


This ain't the half of all my boring adventures, but I don't really feel like continuing this post. I have stuff to clean, read, and eat. :)

Happy New Year, Friends!

9 comments:

  1. On Christmas Eve I stayed up until about 1:30 rereading The Last Olypmian. (It's the only PJO book we actually OWN.) I love those books so much!!
    And my entire family was sick last week too. More than half of us were bedridden on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Nina! I'm glad that your future siblings-in-law are nice! Have fun at the dance tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, the next books you have to read are the Hunger Games! They are so good. I finished all three in just about a week!

    I was so disappointed with the Narnia movie too! I was expecting for something, oh I don't know... LIKE THE BOOK! Oh well it was still pretty good. (And Caspian was SO CUTE)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, your reading habits astound me, Lara. I don't get how you can finish a whole book every day.

    Thanks, Sarah! I did. :)

    Way ahead of ya', fork mom. I got my copy of Mockingjay the day it came out. They were pretty good. But the best part was Peeta. :) :) :)

    Well, now. I wasn't "so disappointed" with Narnia. I was just expecting something more colorful. And less video game-y. But it still twas pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Peta! If he was real he would be my best friend! You know... until I am 18 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why have I never seen this post before! 40% of it relates to me. :( and :) at the same time.


    Secondhand Serenade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished the lightning thief series by the way, I was very disappointed. I was making some predictions about the ending and NONE of them ended in the way that Rich Rogden ended the book!

    I wanted Luke to live (I know what your going to say 'he had to die, Megan. It would have to happen' or something like that. But, I don't know, I didn't want him to die!) And why didn't Percy get to fight Kronos?! What Happened to the intense battle I was hoping for against the to of them?

    I have to say though the romance with Annabeth and Percy was SO great! I couldn't help but giggle when Percy said it was 'the best underwater kiss ever' :)

    But what the HECK! What was that next great prophecy about?! Why in the world did he end it there?! Just like "oh yeah and 7 kids are going to save the world but what else is new, right?"

    If I could make an angry face on the computers key board it would be all over this comment!

    But all in all... I liked the book very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't have to answer any of these questions, just agree with every thing I said :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS
    I misspelled Rick's name... I didn't mean to. I only ever glanced at his last name and I thought it was Rogden for some reason... Humf. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete