Monday, November 29, 2010

In this crazzzy life

You know when you're on a roll and nothing can stop you, and you're feeling great and could keep going forever? And you know when you randomly hit a big, fat, ugly brick wall that totally smashes your teeth in? That happened to me today, with math. Stupid math.

But in the aforementioned math class, I discovered the term "cube roots". They're like square roots, only to the third power, not second! It pretty much made my life when I heard it.
I think I need to make a sculpture of a root, made of cubes. ;)

In other news, it's Tech Week for Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Guess who's not ready to open? You guessed right. That girl right over there... Oh wait, that's my reflection. But you were still right. I'm sooo not ready. Thank goodness we have 3 more dress rehersals...

But besides not being ready, I'm having a blast doing this show. Making new friends, reconnecting with old ones, showing off a bit, coining inside jokes, singing Christmas carols, acting. Pretty much what theatre is all about. ^_^

I love my cast. Can't wait for rehersal tonight. :)

Oh, and if you don't see BCPE, then I will cry. I really will. Click on the link for showtimes, ticket pre-orders, a cast list, and pretty much everything you'd ever need, ever.

5 comments:

  1. Narnia, I dislike math also. Right now i'm learning how to solve inequalities through the method of substitution. Yeah, i had to take 3 pages of notes. haha, boo school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sammy, substitution is so USEFUL, though, especially when you get to integration. It will come in handy, I promise.
    And Nina, that's exactly the point of theatre. It's FUN. It's REALLY FUN.
    In what way(s) do you feel unprepared?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Math is fun if you understand it. Until then, it stinks. On ice. And this song is a Michael Bubble song...I'm just not sure which one. ^_^ And yes, his name is spelled Buble, but it's just so much more enjoyable to write bubble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm I HATE MATH! Especially fractions! (As you can tell I'm not that left brained)

    WOW! Sammy you called Nina NARNIA! Nina, I am going to start calling you that now so now your full title for me is... *Deep breath*

    Antie Narnia Spork Child... I feel like missing one... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sammy: It's okay. Math stinks, but there's nothing you can really do about it... Just suffer in silence. :P

    Megan: You're not, unless you think you're missing my REAL name. Or you could call me Julia, like Carter G. does.

    Sarah: Story of my LIFE. And the song was 'Everything'. You only get half a prize.

    Lara: Very true. Unless you're in a boring play with no friends and a really small/pointless part. Luckily, that's not the case with most plays. (Oh my gosh, when you come see BCPE, remind me to make my husband do his Jack Sparrow impersonation for you. He does it PERFECTLY. It was so funny. :D)

    I dunno. I'm out of practice, and therefore, not ready. And I feel like I deliver my lines weirdly. I do them fine at home, but onstage... I don't know. I'm sure I'll get into my character after being her every night, though. :)

    ReplyDelete