Monday, November 15, 2010

Don't Let It Get Away



This right here is a birthday present for my friend Carter G. He turns 13 on Thanksgiving, (he's so wittle...) so I made him an origami turkey. All I did was follow this fast-paced and exciting (not) YouTube video. Isn't it beautiful?

And yes, I used Hello Kitty paper. It was the only origami paper we had. Not that I regret it; the sheer girliness of it is perfect for my little buddy on his special day. :D

Anyways, it's not every day that I dabble in the art of paper folding, so I decided to share. :)

Happy birthday Carter!! If you're reading this, (which I'm pretty sure you aren't since you don't know about my blog) then please act surprised when I give this turkey to you at rehersal. ;)

... And you still owe me those twenty Take-5's. Just sayin'.

10 comments:

  1. I think your 'wittle' friend will LOVE IT! From the Hello Kitty paper to the paper swan its self, he will love it... I just know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he will, too! 12 year old boys love hello kitty, right?

    And it was a turkey... I know you probably can't see it that well, so I forgive you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for forgiving me Spork Child! ;)

    I foregot you said it was a turky in your post. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. S'all good. I'm gonna make Carter guess what animal it is when I give it to him. If he says 'peacock' or any other random bird, I will do... something bad to him. ;)

    He's so excited to get it. It's so cute... I hope he isn't disappointed by the cheapness of it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope he will. He was singing a made-up tune after rehersal "I'm excited FOR my PRESENT!!!!"

    It was adorable. I love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many Carter-is-cute stories. I shall tell you them in my letter. :) If I get around to it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Origami is awesome and so are you! Your drawing is lovely, and I don't think she looks like a cover girl, more like a tropical vintage post card. You're so talented!!!
    -Sis Fitz

    ReplyDelete