Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Breathe With No Air


Today has been one of those days where I draw for hours and get absolutely nothing else done. Care to see one of the fruits of my arduous labors?




I'm not a fan. It looks way better on the computer, but in real life, her eyes and eyelashes are WAY too big and her lips WAY too pink. I was going for natural beauty, but that obviously got thrown out the window. She looks like a Covergirl model... And I wish I had chosen a more contrasting background. And that I detailed the hair instead of just giving up and scribbling on it with a gold crayon. Oh, and that giant orange thing? That was supposed to be her shoulder...


Anyways, here's what happened when I played on Picnik.com a little too much. I like the fiery colors and how it reveals the roughness of my strokes. :)


Now stop secretly making fun of my lack of skill(z) and get back to your life!!

11 comments:

  1. I really like that!! I wish I was a wonderful artist like you! Owell. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, I would say it is as good as your life size Zuko, but then again, nothing is as awesome as that. So I will say that it is as awesome as the Mona Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its awesome! OK you are officially going to be our class artist. No more art by me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had your talent! Holy poly, i thought it was clip art when I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, this is why I'm so hard my on art. You guys are WAY too nice!!!

    Aww, Sister Haslam, I'm going to miss your beautiful chalk drawings!

    You are correct Sarah. Nothing beats Zuko. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome. All of my people look the same...stick people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not so sure about that, Megan... Zuko would probably ride the Duct Tape Elephant across America (this is good FF stuff! Except Zuko's in the Underworld... Hmmm)

    Haha, thanks Sister Bickmore! And stick people are cute. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about a shirt less Zuko? ;)

    We could ride a duck tape elephant, or that is how we could introduce a new character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS IDEAS, MEGAN!!! Once I finish my chapter (which I still haven't done) then it'll be your turn, and you can introduce some awesome or antagonistic new character. And make Zuko shirt-less. I swear, nothing would make me happier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK! But you have to get on the chapter GIRL! It is driving me insane not being able to read that chapter... do it... RIGHT NOW! Go... now... right now... yes, you, go now.

    ReplyDelete