Friday, February 4, 2011

Come Fly With Me

I hate most prom dresses. I love other kinds of dresses, but not prom. And the fact that they're SO expensive makes me hate them more.

So for mormon prom this year, I'll probably just end up wearing something my mom makes for me. She's awesome and would actually do that. But if I had $300 extra dollars I would save my mom the trouble and totally get this:


Without Equal Dress

{Without Equal Dress from Modcloth}

Sequins, not ugly, and it's modest? LOVE. (I wonder if my mom can copy this...)

Other adorable and covet-worthy Modcloth dresses:

Floats Your Fancy Dress


A little too sheer and short, but the bow tie and lace made me so happy I couldn't NOT share it.

Cinema Foyer Dress


Atop the Grand Staircase Dress


Deep Within the Armoire Dress


And this last one isn't formal, but is just PERFECT for Valentine's Day, isn't it?

Tunnel of Love Dress

11 comments:

  1. Those dresses are GORGEOUS Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title is from a Joe Bros Song! Fly with me... at least I think it is. :)

    I like dressing up no matter what the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I was actually thinking Frank Sinatra, but SURE! I'll give you those 2 million points. :)

    I LOVE dressing up, Megan! It's one of my favorite things!! I just hate the way most modest prom dresses look. :P

    And thanks Jenna! I just wished I owned one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... I wasn't even close! :) But I got a song with those lyrics in it!

    Dresses these days are just stinky. I mean you either have to be short to fit in one or you just like showing yourself off. Which is really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate how right you are. And not only are they too short and flashy, they're not even pretty! They're all like, rocker chick dresses. Do you know how hard I used to search for a nice floral dress? TOO HARD. I found one at goodwill, but I was disappointed at how most stores refused to carry something so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! I got so frustrated when I couldn't find a dress long enough or cute enough! I looked every where (with in my price range at least)and I found zilch! Why does every one think looking like that is pretty? It makes me sad.

    Lets go but to the 40s so we could be part of the 'wear dresses all the time' age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M DOWN!I looooove the 40's!!!! :D :D :D

    Now, where'd I put that time machine...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you check under your bed? Oh wait I had to barrow it when I went back in time to warn you about not drinking the water and not opening the door. It will materialize in your bedroom as soon as you finish reading this sentence. :)

    (just to warn you though, Pickle got a hold of it and changed history a little and ever since he came back it makes this weird sound and then turns off... sorry. I didn't even know he had it)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you actually bothered to remember all that. When did we have that conversation? A year ago? :P

    Ahh there it is, my time machine! 1940's here we co---- OH NO!! I BROKE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like looking back on old posts and comments, it's fun to see how every thing went down in the old days.

    Aw, wall maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This song doesn't need guessing. It's by Frank Sinatra.

    ReplyDelete