Monday, March 21, 2011

There's not a thing that I would change


Boring portrait, but still fun. Drawn around Thanksgiving, I think?

And since I like ranting about books, here's a fun little quiz-like thing I found online and did. You should do it, too. :)


1. Favorite Book:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. DUH

2. Least Favorite Book:
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. More than half was really inappropriate, and the other half was about Renesmee. (yuck) And the ending was BEYOND anti-climatic. Bella puts a magical mind barrier around her family, but she didn't even need to cause no one attacked them! THE END!

3. A book that surprised you (good/bad):
Three on the Run by Nina Bawden. I pretty much only read this because the author shared my name. I didn't expect it to be good, at all. I LOVED it.

4. A book that reminds you of home:
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

5. A non-fiction book you enjoyed:
Handwriting Analysis: Putting it to Work for You!
Was really interesting... :)

6. A book that makes you cry:
Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements. EVERY SINGLE TIME! It's not even sad, or happy or ANYTHING! It's just..... everything on the last page.

7. A book that was hard to read:
Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. Everyone had a really thick irish accent that was hard to read. And the plot was difficult for me to follow, and sometimes they did things that didn't make sense.

8. An unpopular book that you believe should be better known:
The Willoughbies by Lois Lowry. It's utterly hilarious. Or maybe The Wall and the Wing by Laura Ruby. It's another good one that no one's heard of.

9. A book you've read more than once:
So MANY. But my most recent reread is The Sisters Grimm Series by Michael Buckley. So enjoyable. :)

10.The first novel you remember reading:
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary :D

11.The book that made you love reading:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix by J.K. Rowling. Manisha read the first four out loud to me. I read this one all by myself. I think I was 10? Maybe 11. Maybe 12. I don't remember

12. A book you couldn't force yourself to finish:
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke. I honestly loved Inkheart. But Inkspell was a HUGE disappointment. And then Inkdeath was even worse. I didn't finish it, and that's really NOT like me at all.

13.Favorite childhood book:
Falling Up by Shel Silverstein, or any of his poetry books. They provided me and my siblings with HOURS of giggles. I still love them.

14. Favorite book-turned-movie:
Pride and Prejudice. Such a good story, only made better through the BBC adaption of it. :)

15. Book-turned-movie and completely desecrated:
Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
"I definitely have strong feelings for you. I just haven't decided if they're positive or negative yet." -Movie-Annabeth
WAY TO RUIN ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER, MOVIE-MAKERS!!!

16. A guilty pleasure book:
Most definitely The Pendragon Adventure by DJ Machale. I enjoyed this series way more than I probably should've. Mark is my favorite. :)

17. Favorite series:
Ummm.... since I already said Harry Potter like three times, I'll just say Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

18. Favorite Romance Novel:
Percy and Annabeth are my FAVORITE couple ever, but since PJO isn't a "romance novel" I'll just say Emma by Jane Austen.

19. A book you'd change the ending of:
Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Let's just say this book was 200 pages too long, and I didn't agree with the main character's choice.

20. Favorite Autobiographical/Biographical book:
The Diary of Anne Frank. Most definitely.

21. A book you wish was written:
Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. Or book 9 in the Sisters Grimm series. It's a tie.

22. A book you'd never read again:
Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss. This family's luck is incredible. And by incredible, I mean BORING. Nothing bad ever happened to them! The most exciting thing happened was in the last chapter, and was resolved in like, two paragraphs. :P

23. An author you would never read:
Steven King. I'm afraid of him.

24. An author that you will read whatever they put out:
Kate Dicamillo. I love her books.

12 comments:

  1. This is very helpful list! I love reading!

    But how could you not metion Anne of Green Gables at all? It's the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Anne of Green Gables! But where should've I mentioned it? I also didn't mention Narnia, which I love.
    This was just a quiz. Not everything could be mentioned. :(

    You should do this quiz, and mention all the books I didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I don't read as many, how you say, 'grown-up' books as you do. If I did the list it would be more like "the book I've read more then once is Green eggs and ham". :P And with question #10 I don't think I've ever read a novel so that one would be gone.

    what song is this title from? Every time I read it I have the song on the tip of my tongue and the POOF it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's called "just the way you are" by Bruno Mars I think. It's pretty popular.

    And seriously, novel just means chapter-book. You really don't give yourself enough credit. I'm sure you've read more books than you think you have...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that song! I love it!

    See I didn't even know what a novel was until you told me like five seconds ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good one. :)

    Just cause you weren't familiar with the term doesn't mean you don't read! In fact, you just claimed that you love readng! (see first comment)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love reading. I'm just not an avid reader like you are, in consequence not knowing as many books as you. Thus, not having a very creative or large list of books to put on the list above.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quiz made me exceedingly happy, even unto giggling.

    Especially numbers 2, 4, 6, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, and 22.

    That's a lot. But they made me happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, your art is beautiful. Please post more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, dear sister. I shall do this, if only for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's ironic because I love reading, but I can never think of answers to these types of questions. Ever. =/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading is AWESOME! I just need to know which books are the best so it wont dissapoint me. :P))

    ReplyDelete