Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'll fly away


This was like, my VERY first drawing of the characters from The Wall and The Wing...

It's okay if you've never heard of it. It doesn't even have a wikipedia page. And it makes me sad, because it has so many good things in it. But it also has some of the most random things in it. Including (but not limited to):

-man-sized rats that live in the sewers and have an obsession with cats
-an old man with grass for hair, who also has an obsession with cats
-albino alligators that live in the subway system
-hundreds of mechanical, secret-stealing, brain-washing monkeys
-gangsters that have zippers on their faces

In fact, when I first listened to it, all the weird stuff sort got in the way of what was really good. I almost didn't finish it, but curiosity got the better of me, plus I liked the narrator lady. She did a good job, so I finished it. And I kinda liked it...

Now, almost a year later, I needed something to listen to while I organized my room for a personal progress project. I didn't want to just listen to music because I get tired of it easily. So I found that audiobook, and remembering that once upon a time it didn't stink, I decided to listen to it again.

Now I'm mildly obsessed with it. Maybe it's because I already knew about all the weird stuff so I could focus on the characters and the plot twists. Bug and Gurl are SO wonderful. They are seriously adorable. AND OMG you guys,The Chaos King is like, 20000x better, too! It's the sequal, and there's nothing that weird, and Bug and Gurl are like, epic together. No kidding.

And in case you haven't guessed it, the two people in that picture are Bug and Gurl. This was a pretty epic scene, so I had to draw it. But it was like, my first drawing of them so both of them don't look quite right... at least Gurl doesn't. You can't really see Bug's face, can you? ;)

Nowadays, Gurl would look something more like this:

Longer face with a pointier chin, messier hair, younger looking, and taller, etc.

And if you were wondering what Bug looks like in my mind, it's something like this:

D'awww ain't he cute? I love him. :) Even if he's almost impossible to draw... I swear, this sad little sketch is the ONLY decent version of him I can muster.... and it actually sucks

I suggest you share in my love. Audible will let you download a free audiobook of your choice if you go to audible.com/mugglecast. And I think a lot of libraries have it. Make an effort, people. ;)

6 comments:

  1. I like the picture of Gurl! And yes, Bug is pretty dang CUTE!

    Nina, I have a book suggestion! It's called "A Pearl Among Princes" It's AWESOME!!!!! You should read it, 'cause it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love book suggestions! Who's the author?

    And thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's by Coleen Murtagh Paratore. She also wrote "The Wedding Planners Daughter".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep that in mind next time I visit a library/bookstore. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, I love the pictures, they are amazing!!! I love the 2nd one, she is so cute:) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kallie! I love you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete